Anglia Co-operative in Littleport launches Token of Support campaign for two worthy East Cambs causes
- Credit: Archant
TODAY we help to give a boost to two worthy local causes.
We’re launching a community fund-raising campaign in support of the Lisa Barnes Memorial Fund and the Goslings Pre-School at Ely’s Lantern Primary School.
The Anglia Co-operative foodstore in Wisbech Road, Littleport, has £450 to share out through its Token of Support – and you can help decide who gets what.
Every time you shop at the store until Sunday, August 18, you will be given a special green token. Place it in the collecting container for the cause you wish to support – and the one receiving the most tokens at the end of the six-week campaign will pick up a cool £300. The other will be £150 richer.
Store manager Chris Wright said: “Your tokens will help decide how the money is shared.
You may also want to watch:
“The memorial fund is aiming to raise £100,000 for the Arthur Rank Hospice Charity in memory of Lisa Barnes, who died from cancer in 2010. Goslings has been providing pre-school fun for children since 2005 in the community rooms at Lantern Primary School.
“Our campaign gives the community the chance to say ‘thank you’ to these causes – so give them a token of your support!”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 6 Voters 'given a clear indication that they wish for us to try and run the council'
- 7 Death crash driver who fled is jailed
- 8 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 9 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 10 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
Token of Support replaces Anglia Co-operative’s Pick Up A Penny community fund-raiser, which generated thousands of pounds for causes across its business area over the years.
As a thank you for taking part in Token of Support, you can save £6 when you next spend £40 at the Wisbech Road, Littleport, store by using the special coupon in the July 11 edition of the Ely Standard.