Angela Mellor to celebrate 10 years in Ely by showcasing her finest ceramics
- Credit: Archant
An artist is celebrating 10 years in Ely by offering the public a rare look at her favourite pieces.
Angela Mellor, of the Angela Mellor Studio & Gallery on St Mary’s Street, is opening the gallery on December 3, 4, 10 and 11 to celebrate a decade in the city.
Ceramic-loving artist Angela began her career in the 1970s, before going on to study at the University of East Anglia.
She then moved to Australia, before returning to the UK and taking over the gallery in Cambridgeshire from Ronald Pile, previous owner of Primavera in Cambridge.
The gallery is only open to the public twice every year, and Angela will be showcasing the work of international, national and local artists, as well as her own work, including the ‘Sculptural Light’ series.
Alongside the sculptural pieces, a new range of objects ‘Symphony in Black and White’ will feature, as well as the work of invited guest artist Vilokini Gail Abbott and her new monochrome prints, which explore the transitions and thresholds between states and liminal places.
Also returning is popular local painter Melanie Max with her atmospheric landscapes in oils.
- 1 Back garden log cabin needs permission says council
- 2 Preschool 'special in people's hearts' to close after more than 30 years
- 3 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 4 Replacement home not good enough says council
- 5 This Grade II listed Georgian home in Ely could be yours for £575,000
- 6 Daughter pays tribute to model engineer who 'tried his hand at anything'
- 7 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 8 Large Hotel of the Year winner is proud of its history
- 9 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 10 BMX star, 11, hopes world debut can lead to Olympics dream
The open weekend will also introduce two new jewellers - Abi Cochran and Alison Kramarchuk – alongside a display of Tina Ashdown’s seasonal brooches.
The gallery will be open between 10.30am and 5pm. For more information, visit www.angelamellor.com.