An extraordinary 24 hours that saw Ely College principal plunge from hero to zero
- Credit: Archant
As end of term goes, Ely College had seen nothing like it.
Students setting off for the Easter holiday were unaware until late in the day of the behind the scenes drama unfolding.
On Thursday night the governing body was dissolved. The following morning, principal Catherine Jenkinson-Dix and two vice-principals resigned with immediate effect.
Only two years before an Ofsted inspection provided glowing testament to the college’s achievements, but a new inspection has plunged it into special measures.
Such was the speed of events that by 5pm Friday a new principal was in place.
You may also want to watch:
Click the links below to read more:
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 10 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town