American diner Arbuckles is coming to Ely’s leisure complex next year
- Credit: Archant
American diner Arbuckles is to open a new restaurant in Ely next year.
The family-run business, located on the A10 at Downham Market, made the announcement on social media this morning. The post has since been shared by more than 4,000 people.
The new restaurant will open on the Ely Cineworld leisure complex which is being built at Downham Road. It will seat around 175 people.
The Facebook post reads: “We have two very exciting bits of news at Arbuckles and are giving away 2x £25 meal vouchers to celebrate.
“One; we are opening a new restaurant!!! Yes that’s right, we are opening another restaurant in Ely, in the new Cineworld leisure complex currently being built.
“The new Arbuckles will be around 175 seats and will look amazing. We are due to open in February 2017. We will keep you all updated via Facebook on the progress.
“Two; from the 5th September we will be doing home delivery of our amazing takeaway menu.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 3 Popular food and leisure hub plans win over planners
- 4 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 £4.8m loan to transform office block into flats repaid
- 7 Woman dies following crash on A1303
- 8 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 9 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 10 Meet the boat hire firm aiming to become perfect 'stress-free' tonic
“To start with the service will be available from Monday to Friday 5pm-10pm and we will be delivering in a 6 mile radius of the restaurant.
“This will be available for the whole of September to start with to see if there is a demand for the service and from there we will decide if we continue the service or expand it.”
Arbuckles, which opened in 2008, is owned and run by John and Maxine Murphy.