Laboratory company holding recruitment open day
- Credit: ALS LABORATORIES
One of the UK's leading analytical testing companies - which has its main 'hub' laboratory in Chatteris and a specialist pharmaceutical laboratory in Ely - is holding a recruitment open day.
ALS Laboratories (UK) Ltd, which employs over 15,000 staff in 350 locations in 65 countries around the world, is looking to add to its 800-strong UK workforce.
As a result of continued sales growth and success in expanding new market opportunities, ALS is has a range of job opportunities available at both of its Cambridgeshire sites.
The bulk of the vacancies are for laboratory technicians to work in ALS' microbiology, chemistry and allergen testing laboratories.
The company is also looking to recruit an additional account manager to join its food sales team as well as analysts to join their pharmaceutical site in Ely.
The company's open day at its Chatteris site on Medcalfe Way takes place on Tuesday September 7.
You may also want to watch:
The event is a chance for potential recruits to speak to employees about what it's like to work for ALS and to look at areas of the site.
Chatteris general manager Adam Rush said: "ALS has been a major employer within the Fenland region for over 30 years and we are delighted to be able to offer more local people an opportunity to come and join a successful and growing business.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 7 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 8 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 9 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 10 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
"We are very proud of our record in developing long-term career opportunities for our staff which starts with a comprehensive induction process at our in-house training academy.
"We offer competitive salaries and an attractive benefits package but, above all, the chance to be part of a unique business that is committed to exceeding the expectations of the many clients that we service in the food and pharmaceutical industry”.
For more information about the event, visit ALS’ website or call 01354 697028.