All you need to know about Ely’s Christmas Lights Switch On 2017
- Credit: Archant
The day you’ve all been waiting for is fast approaching – Ely’s Christmas Lights Switch On for 2017.
Thousands will descend on the city centre for the festivities on Friday December 1.
The City of Ely Council has been busy preparing for the big day and has enlisted the help of Father Christmas to kick-start the event at 4pm.
Live music and entertainment will begin at 4.30pm and whilst the headline acts are being kept under wraps for now, other entertainment will come from JEZO Events Ltd, Octagon Dance Studio and local theatre group KD.
The local actors will enter the event on a horse-drawn carriage before performing an excerpt from their festive production of Beauty and the Beast.
You may also want to watch:
“Last year all the acts live on stage were very successful and we are confident this year’s act will be equally as popular for the people of Ely,” said a council spokesman.
There will also be funfair rides, stalls and a host of festive food on offer before the switch on at 6.45pm.
- 1 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College