All creatures great and small at annual pet blessing service in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Cats, dogs, ferrets and alpacas will be among the congregation at a special pet blessing in Ely on May 4.
Wood Green Animal Shelter will hold its annual pet blessing service at Ely Cathedral.
The event, which is now in its 27th year, sees hundreds of people and their pets flock to the special service to sing hymns and have their animals blessed by Canon Missioner Alan Hargrave.
Organiser Paula Loveday-Smith, said: “This event is one of the highlights of the charity’s calendar. We hope lots of people and their pets will join us for this very special occasion to bless the animals and all those who care for them.”
The service begins at 1.30pm with a parade of former Wood Green dogs and their new owners, which will be led by some alpacas and a performance from Cambridge, Huntingdon and St Neots Rock Choir.
You may also want to watch:
Refreshments will be available in the Ely Cathedral Centre following the service.
The event is free for the whole family and pets large and small are welcome. Dogs must be kept on a lead.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
For further information call 0844 248 8181 or visit www.woodgreen.org.uk