Ali Baba and the Bongo Bandits comes to life at Rackham Primary School, Witchford
- Credit: Archant
Ali Baba and the Bongo Bandits came to life at Rackham Primary School with a cast of 40 children and 30 more in the choir.
Children from year five and six took to the stage having rehearsed the play, full of slapstick comedy, since January.
“This group really rose to the challenge and some of the comic timing was amazing,” said headteacher and drama leader Suzanne Carter.
“I chose the play because I was looking for one with a lot of parts – and I’d never seen one with so many jokes. Several children had solos and did really well,” she added.
“Lots of parents said how much they enjoyed it and that they were laughing out loud.
You may also want to watch:
“We had a really good two nights and welcomed more than 200 parents in total.”
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound