Alfie’s magical idea to raise money for charity
- Credit: Archant
A 10 year old Ely school boy is staging a magic night to help raise money for charity, which will be his third big event to help good causes.
Alfie McCreadie is a talented magician and has a passion for performing.
Following a request to stage a show for the Ipswich Magical Society he decided he would like to put on a big show for charity.
His mum Hannah said: “The idea has grown and he now has three full time magicians starring alongside him who have given up their time for free for Alfie’s chosen charities which are ReThink Mental Illness and Cancer Research UK.
“The magicians are Wayne Goodman, Sammy Magic Magic and JezO.
You may also want to watch:
“All proceeds will be split equally between the two charities and the evening will consist of magic and entertainment along with a meal incorporated into the ticket price.”
In 2017 Alfie walked 20 minutes a day in the summer holidays to raise more than £2,300 for Great Ormond Street Hospital.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Last summer he walked 30 minutes a day to raise £330 for the British Red Cross.
• The magic show, ‘An evening with Alfie McCreadie and Friends’ is on Saturday March 24 at 7pm at the Beet Club in Ely. Tickets are £20 or £15 for young adults (12-16yrs).