Alfie has a few tricks up his sleeve to raise a magical £1,500 for charity
- Credit: Archant
An Ely school boy performed in a sell-out event with a charity magic show that raised £1,500.
Alfie McCreadie, 10 performed to more than 80 people who enjoyed a two course sit down meal and an evening of music, comedy and magic.
Four magicians took to the stage - Wayne Goodman, Sammy K, JezO Bond and Alfie.
Music was provided by Alfie’s Grandad, John Barry.
Alfie headlined the evening by doing a 45 minute magic show performing various magic tricks and also bringing guests up to the stage.
You may also want to watch:
His finale involved the whole audience taking part in a card trick of their own.
Food was cooked and served by local chef Andrew Byrne.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 5 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
The event at the Beet Club raised £1,500 which is being split equally between Cancer Research UK and ReThink Mental Illness, two charities which are important to Alfie’s family.
His family thanked local companies who sponsored the event: Fourth Dimension Dance, Love Dyslexia, Liam’s Plumbing Services, Treetops Ely, Tesco Ely, Hair2Nails Monat, Costco Wholesalers, Bent and Cornwell Quality Meats Butchers and JezO Events.
Photography was by Angela Smith Photography and Charlie Killick Photography.