Wilburton motorcycle stunt rider gears up to break world record for fastest person to ride push bike around the Wall of Death
- Credit: Archant
A Wilburton stunt rider is on track to set a new Guinness World Record for the fastest person to ride a push bike around the Wall of Death.
Alex Fox is Europe's youngest trick and stunt rider and rides on the Ken Fox Wall of Death, which is based in the village.
The Ken Fox wall of Death is a family show that has been travelling around the world performing for the public for over 90 years.
In 2016 Alex, along with his father Ken and brother Luke, trained Guy Martin to ride the wall for the Guy Martin's Wall of Death TV show. Alex also taught Shanaze Reade to ride the wall on a push bike.
Now three years later Alex will take to the wall once again on his Identiti Dr Jekyll and try to beat Shanaze's record of 26.68mph.
You may also want to watch:
Alex has been training hard over the last few months and in practice has reached speeds of 28mph and above.
The event will take place at Who Dares Fest in Leek, Staffordshire where alongside Alex, Stuart Day will be the first ever person to take a modern day trials bike on the Wall of Death.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut