Agricultural auctioneers Cheffins to celebrate 20th anniversary with landmark auction
- Credit: Archant
Agricultural auctioneers Cheffins is celebrating its 20th anniversary at the Sutton sale ground with a landmark auction.
Over the past 20 years, Cheffins has sold over 600,000 lots from East Cambridgeshire and is marking the occasion with a big auction on Monday September 5.
Bill Pepper, director at Cheffins, said: “The past 20 years at Sutton has seen Cheffins rise from strength to strength to now being the leading auctioneer in the second-hand machinery market.
“We’ve seen the rise and fall of the Fordson Super Major trade to Syria, the influx of Eastern European buyers as borders fell, the devastation of Foot and Mouth, the astonishing Sudanese trade for the older Massey Fergusons and the introduction of online bidding to name just a few events, throughout which Cheffins has stood strong as the leading farm machinery sale in the industry.”
Cheffins has over 30,000 registered buyers worldwide, and has experienced a boom in sales since Brexit with a sale boost of 50 per cent in July and 75 percent this month in comparison with 2015.
Bill Pepper added: “Brexit has actually kick-started the export trade with the past two auctions grossing greater profits than they have since 2013. A number of the larger tractor manufacturers have reported drops in sales following Brexit, however we can happily say that hasn’t been the case for our markets.”
Next month’s sale will see around 3,000 lots and will also feature a new ‘drive through’ tractor auction, allowing bidders to see tractors “in action” during bidding.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 4 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 Village café battles Covid-19 delays to raise over £1,700
- 10 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
Entries are still being accepted for the sale, and for more information visit www.cheffins.co.uk.