Agricultural auctioneers Cheffins to celebrate 20th anniversary with landmark auction
- Credit: Archant
Agricultural auctioneers Cheffins is celebrating its 20th anniversary at the Sutton sale ground with a landmark auction.
Over the past 20 years, Cheffins has sold over 600,000 lots from East Cambridgeshire and is marking the occasion with a big auction on Monday September 5.
Bill Pepper, director at Cheffins, said: “The past 20 years at Sutton has seen Cheffins rise from strength to strength to now being the leading auctioneer in the second-hand machinery market.
“We’ve seen the rise and fall of the Fordson Super Major trade to Syria, the influx of Eastern European buyers as borders fell, the devastation of Foot and Mouth, the astonishing Sudanese trade for the older Massey Fergusons and the introduction of online bidding to name just a few events, throughout which Cheffins has stood strong as the leading farm machinery sale in the industry.”
Cheffins has over 30,000 registered buyers worldwide, and has experienced a boom in sales since Brexit with a sale boost of 50 per cent in July and 75 percent this month in comparison with 2015.
You may also want to watch:
Bill Pepper added: “Brexit has actually kick-started the export trade with the past two auctions grossing greater profits than they have since 2013. A number of the larger tractor manufacturers have reported drops in sales following Brexit, however we can happily say that hasn’t been the case for our markets.”
Next month’s sale will see around 3,000 lots and will also feature a new ‘drive through’ tractor auction, allowing bidders to see tractors “in action” during bidding.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
Entries are still being accepted for the sale, and for more information visit www.cheffins.co.uk.