Affordable homes plan for Witchford unveiled
- Credit: Archant
DEVELOPERS have applied for planning permission to build a plot of 16 new affordable homes in Witchford.
Derby-based UK Construction Ltd has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council to build the new homes on an acre of undeveloped land near Barton Close.
According to the developers, the plans were presented to Witchford Parish Council in December and were “positively received”.
In their submission to council planners, the company said: “The proposal is for the construction of six two storey semi-detached houses, one detached house and a supported living unit comprising of four bedrooms and two first floor flats.
“Four of the dwellings will be shared ownership, the detached house will be for social rent and the remaining 11 dwellings will be affordable rent.
You may also want to watch:
“The scheme was also presented to Witchford Parish Council and positively received. The parish council members were encouraged to see a scheme for affordable homes on land that was described as overgrown and in need of development.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To have a say, or to view the plans, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages