Affordable homes plan for Witchford unveiled
- Credit: Archant
DEVELOPERS have applied for planning permission to build a plot of 16 new affordable homes in Witchford.
Derby-based UK Construction Ltd has applied to East Cambridgeshire District Council to build the new homes on an acre of undeveloped land near Barton Close.
According to the developers, the plans were presented to Witchford Parish Council in December and were “positively received”.
In their submission to council planners, the company said: “The proposal is for the construction of six two storey semi-detached houses, one detached house and a supported living unit comprising of four bedrooms and two first floor flats.
“Four of the dwellings will be shared ownership, the detached house will be for social rent and the remaining 11 dwellings will be affordable rent.
You may also want to watch:
“The scheme was also presented to Witchford Parish Council and positively received. The parish council members were encouraged to see a scheme for affordable homes on land that was described as overgrown and in need of development.”
A decision on the plans is expected within the next eight weeks. To have a say, or to view the plans, visit www.eastcambs.gov.uk.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 5 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 10 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support