Aerosol can explosion alerts Swaffham Prior couple to flee house and call fire service
- Credit: Archant
An explosion of an aerosol can alerted a Swaffham Prior couple to get out of their house and call the fire service on Tuesday evening.
The extension of the house, in Cage Hill, caught fire at around 9.28pm.
Four fire engines from Burwell, Newmarket and Cambridge, supported by an incident command vehicle and supporting crew from Huntingdon, attended the incident.
Station Commander Scott Feveyear said: “The crews did a fantastic job in preventing the fire spreading to the rest of the house as the fire had started to get into the roof.
“An explosion of an aerosol can alerted the couple to the fire and they were able to get out and call the fire service.”
Crews wearing breathing apparatus extinguished the fire using two hose reels and two jets.
The cause of the fire was accidental, most likely caused by an electrical fault.
- 1 Police take a tough stance as begging crackdown continues
- 2 ‘Wonderful’ Thanksgiving Evensong as Archdeacon steps down from role after 17 years
- 3 Boys, 13 and 17 killed in horror BMW crash near A47 in Peterborough
- 4 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 5 REVEALED: The 'gang of five' who want Dr Nik Johnson gone
- 6 Latino 'feeling' comes together for South American venue on launch night
- 7 Ely by-election after death of 'marvellous' parish councillor
- 8 Yarn-bombing returns to city ahead of the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Detached home in tranquil riverside setting on sale for £750,000
- 10 Combined Authority in freefall: how on earth did we get to this?
The last crew returned to the station at 1.40am.