Shocking pictures show damage left behind after bin lorry and HGV collide on A10
- Credit: Archant
Shocking pictures show the aftermath of a major crash involving a large HGV and bin lorry on one of the county’s main roads this morning.
Photographs and aerial video have emerged of the incident on the A10 at Waterbeach which saw the bin lorry leave the road and land in a field.
All three emergency services were on scene at around 10.30am, including the air ambulance and one of the drivers was rushed to hospital with serious injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The collision, which happened at about 10.30am, resulted in one of the vehicles leaving the road and the other blocking the carriageway.
“The road was closed while the incident is being dealt with and an oil spill is cleared.
You may also want to watch:
“A man has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of what happened should call police on 101 quoting incident 93.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 4 Number of fatal injuries caused on our roads ‘remains far too high’
- 5 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 Nobody home as police force entry after reports of drugs activity
- 9 Keep a birds-eye view on resident Peregrine falcons by watching webcam
- 10 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up