Shocking pictures show damage left behind after bin lorry and HGV collide on A10
- Credit: Archant
Shocking pictures show the aftermath of a major crash involving a large HGV and bin lorry on one of the county’s main roads this morning.
Photographs and aerial video have emerged of the incident on the A10 at Waterbeach which saw the bin lorry leave the road and land in a field.
All three emergency services were on scene at around 10.30am, including the air ambulance and one of the drivers was rushed to hospital with serious injuries.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Police said: “The collision, which happened at about 10.30am, resulted in one of the vehicles leaving the road and the other blocking the carriageway.
“The road was closed while the incident is being dealt with and an oil spill is cleared.
You may also want to watch:
“A man has been taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious injuries.”
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of what happened should call police on 101 quoting incident 93.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Man found dead in March
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation