Addict’s one last chance’
A HEROIN addict who stole alcohol after spending her cash on drugs was given a last chance to get help from the probation service this week. Lucy Waters had missed an appointment with a probation officer, so there was no report for Ely magistrates to re
A HEROIN addict who stole alcohol after spending her cash on drugs was given "a last chance" to get help from the probation service this week.
Lucy Waters had missed an appointment with a probation officer, so there was no report for Ely magistrates to read on Thursday.
The court was told that the mother-of-two had "buried her head in the sand" after failing to keep the appointment, and provided no explanation to the probation service or her solicitor.
"She has a chaotic lifestyle," solicitor Jacqui Baldwin explained to the court. "I will try and telephone her and remind her of any further appointments."
You may also want to watch:
Waters, 29, of New Barns Avenue, Ely, had admitted stealing two cans of strong lager from the One Stop store in Ely, and asked city magistrates to take into consideration the theft of lager from Tesco and Waitrose. She also admitted being in breach of a conditional discharge for possessing heroin, and missing a court hearing on September 26.
Adjourning sentencing for another three weeks so a report can be written, presiding magistrate Kathy Bradney told Waters: "We are trying to help you. But this is your last chance, I cannot see a court adjourning it again.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut