Addict’s last chance’
A DRUG addict caught buying heroin on an Ely street just days after her release from jail has been given a last chance to be assessed for a drug rehabilitation course. Lucy Waters missed a previous assessment appointment because she chose to visit her c
A DRUG addict caught buying heroin on an Ely street just days after her release from jail has been given "a last chance" to be assessed for a drug rehabilitation course.
Lucy Waters missed a previous assessment appointment because she chose to visit her child instead.
"It is your last chance and we urge you to keep the appointment," presiding magistrate Maggie Holling told Waters as she adjourned sentencing for a further three weeks.
The court heard how police officers saw Waters buying drugs from a car that pulled up alongside her in a bus shelter.
Thirty-year-old Waters, formerly of New Barns Avenue in Ely but now living in Waltham Abbey, had previously admitted possessing 0.1 gram of heroin on June 26.
"Police in an unmarked car saw three people standing in the bus stop near the church," said prosecutor Yetunde Fawehinmi.
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 6 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 7 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 8 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
"They saw a Ford Escort pull up, and the rear nearside window went down. Waters approached the window, and took a small object from a female in the back of the car. Waters put the object into her purse, and walked off towards the cathedral."
After officers approached Waters they found a small white wrap in her purse, and she was arrested.
Waters told the court: "I am still addicted to heroin so I still purchase it."
She is due back in court on August 16.