Addict’s last chance’
A DRUG addict caught buying heroin on an Ely street just days after her release from jail has been given a last chance to be assessed for a drug rehabilitation course. Lucy Waters missed a previous assessment appointment because she chose to visit her c
A DRUG addict caught buying heroin on an Ely street just days after her release from jail has been given "a last chance" to be assessed for a drug rehabilitation course.
Lucy Waters missed a previous assessment appointment because she chose to visit her child instead.
"It is your last chance and we urge you to keep the appointment," presiding magistrate Maggie Holling told Waters as she adjourned sentencing for a further three weeks.
The court heard how police officers saw Waters buying drugs from a car that pulled up alongside her in a bus shelter.
You may also want to watch:
Thirty-year-old Waters, formerly of New Barns Avenue in Ely but now living in Waltham Abbey, had previously admitted possessing 0.1 gram of heroin on June 26.
"Police in an unmarked car saw three people standing in the bus stop near the church," said prosecutor Yetunde Fawehinmi.
- 1 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 8 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 9 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
"They saw a Ford Escort pull up, and the rear nearside window went down. Waters approached the window, and took a small object from a female in the back of the car. Waters put the object into her purse, and walked off towards the cathedral."
After officers approached Waters they found a small white wrap in her purse, and she was arrested.
Waters told the court: "I am still addicted to heroin so I still purchase it."
She is due back in court on August 16.