Woman killed in A1307 lorry crash worked at Addenbrooke's Hospital
- Credit: PA
A woman cyclist in her 20s who died after being struck by a lorry yesterday was a member of staff at Addenbrooke's Hospital.
The crash happened near to the hospital in Cambridge at just before 8am and the driver of the lorry was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless or inconsiderate driving.
The driver, a 27-year-old man from Hertford, Hertfordshire, was taken to Huntingdon Police Station.
Cambridge University Hospitals NHS posted a tribute on Twitter, writing: "We have confirmed to our staff that a colleague has sadly died following a road traffic collision outside the hospital yesterday morning (Thursday).
"Our deepest sympathies are with her family, friends and colleagues."
You may also want to watch:
Police are appealing for anyone who saw the collision or who may have dashcam footage to get in touch.
Call Sgt Tom Daly via 101 or contact police via webchat https://bit.ly/3vsiYDw quoting incident 66 of October 7.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor