Addenbrooke’s Hospital opens its operating theatre doors for would-be surgeons
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is opening its operating theatres at Addenbrooke’s Hospital to give a peek behind the scenes on Saturday October 28.
The day is a recruitment event, giving people the opportunity to see if working in an operating theatre is something they’d be interested in.
There will be three tours of the theatres, starting at 9am, 11am and 1pm where there will be a host of interactive activities to try.
Attendees will be able to have a go at repairing a mock facial trauma and practice intubating a patient as well as other procedures.
An Addenbrooke’s spokesman said: “We are particularly interested in theatre practitioners, both scrub and anaesthetics, and theatre support workers to join our friendly team.”
You may also want to watch:
To attend you must be 18 or over and register what time you would like to attend by Thursday October 26. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is one of the largest in the country, delivering patient care through Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie Hospitals.
- 1 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 2 Care home still 'requires improvement'
- 3 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 4 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 5 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 6 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 7 Friendship and dating agency gets £114,000 funding boost
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Campaigning for those excluded from government Covid support
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer