Addenbrooke’s Hospital opens its operating theatre doors for would-be surgeons
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is opening its operating theatres at Addenbrooke’s Hospital to give a peek behind the scenes on Saturday October 28.
The day is a recruitment event, giving people the opportunity to see if working in an operating theatre is something they’d be interested in.
There will be three tours of the theatres, starting at 9am, 11am and 1pm where there will be a host of interactive activities to try.
Attendees will be able to have a go at repairing a mock facial trauma and practice intubating a patient as well as other procedures.
An Addenbrooke’s spokesman said: “We are particularly interested in theatre practitioners, both scrub and anaesthetics, and theatre support workers to join our friendly team.”
You may also want to watch:
To attend you must be 18 or over and register what time you would like to attend by Thursday October 26. Email email@example.com to register or for more information.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is one of the largest in the country, delivering patient care through Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie Hospitals.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k