Addenbrooke’s Hospital opens its operating theatre doors for would-be surgeons
- Credit: Archant
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is opening its operating theatres at Addenbrooke’s Hospital to give a peek behind the scenes on Saturday October 28.
The day is a recruitment event, giving people the opportunity to see if working in an operating theatre is something they’d be interested in.
There will be three tours of the theatres, starting at 9am, 11am and 1pm where there will be a host of interactive activities to try.
Attendees will be able to have a go at repairing a mock facial trauma and practice intubating a patient as well as other procedures.
An Addenbrooke’s spokesman said: “We are particularly interested in theatre practitioners, both scrub and anaesthetics, and theatre support workers to join our friendly team.”
You may also want to watch:
To attend you must be 18 or over and register what time you would like to attend by Thursday October 26. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register or for more information.
Cambridge University Hospitals (CUH) is one of the largest in the country, delivering patient care through Addenbrooke’s and the Rosie Hospitals.
- 1 Police arrest 14-year-old after criminal behaviour order breach
- 2 Council told to pay costs as concrete factory wins appeal
- 3 Dog groomer produces stylish display on the global stage
- 4 Lucky escape for motorists who suffered minor injuries in A10 crash
- 5 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 FOI reveals the number of A10 crashes between Stretham and Milton
- 8 Plans submitted for nine new homes in Littleport
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 No fairytale debut for Brett after falling at first hurdle