MP Lucy Frazer says NHS investment for Addenbrooke’s will create ‘cutting-edge intergrated care system’ and world class hospital
- Credit: Archant
Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, is one of a number of health trusts promised ‘seed funding’ to able to put together a business case for a major uplift between 2025 and 2030.
SE Cambs MP Lucy Frazer said: "This seed funding represents an extraordinary opportunity to create a cutting-edge integrated care system in Cambridgeshire, with a modernised, world class hospital at its heart."
She said: "This is in keeping with the Government's plans to invest in new hospital construction across the country.
"As well as creating an innovative integrated care system it will also enable a leading biomedical campus to better innovate care with and for patients; and help drive the life sciences industrial strategy."
Ms Frazer said: "The chief executive of Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust has rightly described this development as a 'game-changer' for our region, and as your MP I'll do everything I can to make sure this vision is achieved."
You may also want to watch:
Health and social care secretary Matt Hancock announced a wide range of hospital building programmes that he says will ensure the NHS will have world-class facilities for patients and staff for the long term.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut