Acoustic night at Julia’s Tearooms in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Local singer-songwriter Jo Ash will perform at Julia’s Tearooms in Ely on Friday April 13.
Jo, who began playing piano at the age of nine, working out that she took most of the enjoyment from creating her own pieces, performs at the venue’s acoustic night.
She took lessons until she reached Grade 6 and then continued to self-teach. Jo took singing lessons for a year in her early 20, before continuing to self-teach.
She is currently recording her untitled debut album, the follow up to her previous EP releases Lucid Dreams (2014) and Locked In (2015).
Jo has played Cambridge Rock Festival both as a soloist and with her band, Derecho, and has also appeared at Cambridge’s Strawberry Fair.
Early bird tickets for music are £3 and food £7. They are available from the tearoom now – admission costs £1 extra on the night.
The event runs from 6.30-9.30pm.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Firm announces acquisition of independent planning firm
- 10 Woman dies in crash on London Road in St Ives