Acoustic night at Julia’s Tearooms in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Local singer-songwriter Jo Ash will perform at Julia’s Tearooms in Ely on Friday April 13.
Jo, who began playing piano at the age of nine, working out that she took most of the enjoyment from creating her own pieces, performs at the venue’s acoustic night.
She took lessons until she reached Grade 6 and then continued to self-teach. Jo took singing lessons for a year in her early 20, before continuing to self-teach.
She is currently recording her untitled debut album, the follow up to her previous EP releases Lucid Dreams (2014) and Locked In (2015).
Jo has played Cambridge Rock Festival both as a soloist and with her band, Derecho, and has also appeared at Cambridge’s Strawberry Fair.
You may also want to watch:
Early bird tickets for music are £3 and food £7. They are available from the tearoom now – admission costs £1 extra on the night.
The event runs from 6.30-9.30pm.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 3 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 4 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 5 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 6 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 7 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 8 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 9 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 10 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone