Acoustic night at Julia’s Tearooms in Ely
- Credit: Archant
Local singer-songwriter Jo Ash will perform at Julia’s Tearooms in Ely on Friday April 13.
Jo, who began playing piano at the age of nine, working out that she took most of the enjoyment from creating her own pieces, performs at the venue’s acoustic night.
She took lessons until she reached Grade 6 and then continued to self-teach. Jo took singing lessons for a year in her early 20, before continuing to self-teach.
She is currently recording her untitled debut album, the follow up to her previous EP releases Lucid Dreams (2014) and Locked In (2015).
Jo has played Cambridge Rock Festival both as a soloist and with her band, Derecho, and has also appeared at Cambridge’s Strawberry Fair.
You may also want to watch:
Early bird tickets for music are £3 and food £7. They are available from the tearoom now – admission costs £1 extra on the night.
The event runs from 6.30-9.30pm.
- 1 Parish council protests after developers switch care home for homes
- 2 Van overturns after striking Ely’s infamous ‘most bashed bridge’
- 3 Parish council fails to win vote of confidence
- 4 Charity shop ‘urgently appealing’ for volunteers after reopening
- 5 Tea rooms may become a bedsit
- 6 'Harassment' forces village speedwatch team to close
- 7 OBE for former King's Ely principal
- 8 Ely’s most famous cat is back for more adventures
- 9 Woman claims police officer ‘forced himself’ upon her
- 10 'A crash waiting to happen' say police