Accidental fire in Mepal plantroom attended by 25 firefighters

Fire crews attended a blaze in Mepal

Fire crews attended a blaze in Mepal - Credit: Archant

Around 25 firefighters tackled an accidental blaze on the first floor of a plantroom in Mepal.

The incident happened yesterday (Monday July 16) just before 3pm on Block Fen Road.

Sixteen crews from Ely, Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Huntingdon along with the north roaming fire engine attended.

A spokesperson from Cambs Fire and Rescue Service said: “Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and checked the building for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.

“The crews returned to their stations by 6pm.”


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter