Accidental fire in Mepal plantroom attended by 25 firefighters
PUBLISHED: 10:49 17 July 2018 | UPDATED: 10:49 17 July 2018
Around 25 firefighters tackled an accidental blaze on the first floor of a plantroom in Mepal.
The incident happened yesterday (Monday July 16) just before 3pm on Block Fen Road.
Sixteen crews from Ely, Wisbech, March, Chatteris and Huntingdon along with the north roaming fire engine attended.
A spokesperson from Cambs Fire and Rescue Service said: “Wearing breathing apparatus they extinguished the fire using hose reels and checked the building for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.
“The crews returned to their stations by 6pm.”