Absolutely proud’ says newly-honoured nurse
A DEDICATED district nurse has been made an MBE in the Queen s New Year s honours list. Sue Evans said she was delighted when she heard she had been recognised for services to health care and the community. The mother-of-two has been based at Burwell S
A DEDICATED district nurse has been made an MBE in the Queen's New Year's honours list.
Sue Evans said she was delighted when she heard she had been recognised for services to health care and the community.
The mother-of-two has been based at Burwell Surgery for 16 years.
"I first heard about it on Friday when the press started calling," Mrs Evans, who is in her 50s, said.
You may also want to watch:
"I've seen so many people come through in my time here and I am absolutely proud as anything.
"I still can't believe you can get an award for something you love doing - I love being based in the community and this is just the icing on the cake."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Soham locality integrated nurses' manager Judy Dance said the honour is well deserved, and that Mrs Evans devotes her own time to voluntary parish nursing as well as her full-time work.
"Sue is wonderful and she is always willing to go the extra mile," she said.
"She's been at the forefront of new initiatives, she case-manages and she is never negative about anything - the most important thing to her are her patients."
- RENOWNED composer John Rutter, who has close links with Ely Cathedral, has been named in the Queen's New Year's honours list.
Mr Rutter, who records the majority of his music in the cathedral's lady chapel, has become a CBE.
Mr Rutter is closely involved with the cathedral's music appeal and last year conducted a choir of children from across the county in his Mass of the Children in Ely.