Abba ReBjörn at The Maltings raises £900 for local charities
- Credit: Archant
A night of Abba music in Ely raised more than £900 for local charities.
Over 150 people went away happy from The Maltings last Saturday (March 30), having danced the night away to Abba ReBjörn - one of the UK’s top tribute bands.
Frank Connolly, of Ely Hereward Rotary Club, said: “The event treated the audience to an entertaining night, with Abba’s extensive song catalogue presented with style and an exceptional level of vocal and musical talent.
“That’s without mentioning the eye-catching costumes worn by band members Sam (as Anni-Frid) and Kelly (as Agnetha).
“The evening was rounded off with a 70s disco until midnight.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about Ely Hereward Rotary Club visit www.rotaryclubely-hereward.org
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 8 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 9 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 10 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'