AA award for Littleport bed and breakfast
- Credit: Archant
The owners of a bed and breakfast in Littleport were among the finalists at a national award ceremony recognising the best in the business.
Peter and Edna Mycawka were recognised at the AA Friendliest Bed and Breakfast Awards for their work running the Gate House, in Lynn Road.
The awards, presented at a ceremony held at the Landmark London Hotel, included guest accommodation for England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as well as the awards for ‘funkiest’ bed and breakfast and friendliest bed and breakfast.
The Gate House is nestled next to a tributary of the River Great Ouse and guests benefit from views over the river.
Edna said: “We work hard to make the Gate House a lovely environment for our guests and try to make their stay as enjoyable as possible from the moment they arrive. We are proud to be nominated as one of the friendliest B&Bs, this is a fabulous achievement.”
You may also want to watch:
The Gate House was among 25 finalists selected from across the UK.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry