NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- Credit: Supplied
An NHS worker will be off work for “at least six months” after suffering serious injuries in a four car pile-up on the A142.
The health keyworker – who wishes to remain anonymous – was heading towards Soham when a Ford Fiesta was “catapulted” head-on into her car.
Police, along with the East of England Ambulance Service, were called out to the scene on Soham Road at around 5.50pm following the crash on Monday (January 11).
The victim’s father said: “My daughter was going to work, traveling down the A142 towards Soham and a vehicle that was turning right was hit from behind by another vehicle.
“It catapulted that vehicle head on into my daughter’s car – she has now got some severe injuries and is in hospital.
You may also want to watch:
"The severity of impact deployed all the air bags!
“She has compound fractures, broken ankle, fractured leg bone, she’s had to have all of her ankle pinned and screwed – she's in a hell of a mess.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 4 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 5 Man named following fatal collision
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Ex-councillor launches 'one million steps' charity challenge
- 8 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 9 Ambulance charity first in East to transfer Covid-19 patients by air
“She’s got severe bruising, she’s broken seven or eight ribs, she’s got bruising on her face, bruising on her hands, bruising on her legs and bruising across her stomach from the seatbelt.
“Now a member of NHS staff will be off work for at least four to six months.”
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police said: “We were called at about 5.50pm on Monday (January 11) with reports of a collision between four vehicles on the A142, Soham Road.
“Officers attended the scene and the road was closed while recovery took place.”