A14 Delays for Early Commuters
EARLY morning commuters were diverted off the A14 after a crash involving two lorries. The HGVs collided on the westbound carriageway between Hemingford Grey and Godmanchester shortly before 5.30 this morning (Thursday). Neither of the drivers were injure
EARLY morning commuters were diverted off the A14 after a crash involving two lorries.
The HGVs collided on the westbound carriageway between Hemingford Grey and Godmanchester shortly before 5.30 this morning (Thursday).
Neither of the drivers were injured.
The road was closed for approximately three hours, while the emergency services dealt with the scene. The Highways Agency recovered the two vehicles.
You may also want to watch:
The crash occurred less than 24 hours after the eastbound carriageway was closed yesterday.
Police were called to a crash between Spaldwick and Ellington, involving a tractor and an HGV, at 10.15am. Drivers were asked to avoid the area and the road was closed from the Spaldwick slip road.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 3 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure
- 4 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 5 Man who died in road crash is named
- 6 Woman to travel 100km in her wheelchair to fundraise for autism charity
- 7 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 8 ‘Beloved’ primary school headteacher leaving after 16 years in Soham
- 9 Volunteer group's Covid-closure after raising £70,000 in 30 years
- 10 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
Fire crews from Kimbolton and Huntingdon, as well as the rescue vehicle from Huntingdon, helped free the driver of the lorry, after his vehicle entered a ditch. Fire fighters used specialist cutting equipment to free the man and a winch to lift the tractor out of the way. The casualty was taken to hospital via air ambulance, but his injuries were not thought to be life-threatening.
The road was reopened later that afternoon.