Lorries, vans and cyclist attempt to cross flooded road
- Credit: © Terry Harris
Lorries, vans and a cyclist were among those caught on camera attempting to wade their way through floodwater on the closed Welney side of the A1101.
Fenland photographer Terry Harris' photos and aerial shots show the extent of the flooding - capturing several vehicles, a deer and even a cyclist trying to deliver a parcel.
He said: "I walked through it because I had wellies on and the road is very deep.
"There was also a motorbike that went through it, but he turned around and went back. He didn't fancy it in the end.
"One of the vans had actually broken down while a 4x4 was left abandoned.
You may also want to watch:
Terry also spotted a muntjac deer struggling to make its way through the floodwater.
"The deer was trying to cross the road but he didn't know what to do," he added.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
"The deer ran around me in circles and then headed to the wood."