Two car collision closes A1101 through part of the Fens
- Credit: Archant
Two people had to be cut free from their cars on Bank Holiday Monday following a collision that closed the A1101.
It happened just before 1pm on the stretch of the A1101 between Welney and Littleport. Police closed the road for some time whilst fire crews, an air ambulance and paramedics attended.
One woman was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital, Cambridge, but her condition was reported to be not life-threatening.
A fire service spokesperson said a crew from Ely and one crew from Soham were called to the scene.
“We arrived to find a collision involving two vehicles, with one vehicle in a field,” said a fire service spokesperson.
You may also want to watch:
“Firefighters used specialist equipment to release two casualties. Two peoples were out of their vehicles on arrival, and all were left in the care of the ambulance service and air ambulance. Crews returned to their station by 3pm.”
Residents said one of the cars involved ended up in a ditch and the other landed in a field. Those inside the car in the ditch needed the help of fire crews to release them.
- 1 'Dedicated' PCSO retires after 12 years amid force funding cuts
- 2 You can now watch Ely Cathedral’s rare Peregrine Falcons live 24/7
- 3 Outcry over new road which will pass through woodland
- 4 Tyler Goodjohn ready to enter lion's den in world title bid
- 5 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 6 Jail for bank card fraudster caught on CCTV
- 7 Letters: How could we afford 120 police officers for boat race?
- 8 Government plans at-home tablet to 'stop the virus in its tracks'
- 9 Three arrests after suspected brothel discovered
- 10 Prosecution threat against businesses found not to be Covid-19 secure