Two lorries collide in ‘serious’ crash on A10 Waterbeach – one casualty cut free from vehicle
- Credit: Archant
Major delays were caused on the A10 in Waterbeach this morning after two lorries collided in what’s being called a ‘serious’ crash.
Firefighters had to use “specialist cutting equipment” to free one of the people from the wreckage this morning (September 12) at around 7am.
Heavy built-up traffic was caused on the road as well as most of the feeder routes, police officers advised people take alternative routes where possible.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue said: “Two crews form Cambridge were called to road traffic collision involving two lorries on the A10 in Waterbeach.
“Firefighters used a lorry platform and specialist cutting equipment, while working with paramedics to release one casualty. Both crews returned to their station by 8.10am.”
You may also want to watch:
At the time, Cambs Travel News tweeted: “Road closed due to serious RTC. Please use an alternative route if possible - traffic already built up and heavy on road and most feeder routes.”
Cambs Cops tweeted: “Serious RTC A10 Waterbeach. Road closure currently in place. Delays likely. Please avoid area where possible.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 4 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody