UPDATE: A10 at Ely re-opens after crash involving lorry and car closed the road this morning – causing delays as far as Waterbeach
- Credit: Archant
The A10 at Ely has re-opened following a collision between a lorry and a car that closed the main road for commuters this morning (April 5).
The road was been closed between School Lane and Short Road causing queuing traffic.
One commuter tweeted: “#A10 closed south of lazy otter”
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “#A10 between #Stretham and #Chittering is now CLOSED in both directions due to a collision, just south of @the_lazy_otter.
“@CambsCops are on scene.”
A spokesman for Stagecoach buses said: “Cambridge 9 Service: Due to accident on A10, services are delayed currently on a diversion, sincere apologies this may cause.”
Cambs Travel updated: “UPDATE #A10 between #Stretham and #Chittering: traffic is now being allowed past the scene of the collision, although delays remain in both directions.”
- 1 Smoke plume in village near Cambridge thought to be car fire
- 2 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 3 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 4 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 7 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 8 Development plans submitted for next phase of Cambridge North
- 9 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 10 Family business claims two awards in face of pandemic pressure
The travel page has now tweeted: “?CLEARED: #A10 between #Stretham and #Chittering - all lanes are back open following a collision earlier, and all the delays have CLEARED.”