UPDATE: A10 at Ely re-opens after crash involving lorry and car closed the road this morning – causing delays as far as Waterbeach
- Credit: Archant
The A10 at Ely has re-opened following a collision between a lorry and a car that closed the main road for commuters this morning (April 5).
The road was been closed between School Lane and Short Road causing queuing traffic.
One commuter tweeted: “#A10 closed south of lazy otter”
Cambs Travel News tweeted: “#A10 between #Stretham and #Chittering is now CLOSED in both directions due to a collision, just south of @the_lazy_otter.
“@CambsCops are on scene.”
A spokesman for Stagecoach buses said: “Cambridge 9 Service: Due to accident on A10, services are delayed currently on a diversion, sincere apologies this may cause.”
Cambs Travel updated: “UPDATE #A10 between #Stretham and #Chittering: traffic is now being allowed past the scene of the collision, although delays remain in both directions.”
- 1 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 2 Petition launched to save village pub
- 3 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 6 Unearthed treasures to be displayed outside British Museum for first time
- 7 Izzy, 16, bids to kickstart female football revolution with new team
- 8 'Our dog was our motivation’ - couple behind organic dog treats business
- 9 Gay tweet pastor claims 'constructive dismissal' as school caretaker
- 10 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
The travel page has now tweeted: “?CLEARED: #A10 between #Stretham and #Chittering - all lanes are back open following a collision earlier, and all the delays have CLEARED.”