A warm welcome for Soham’s Snow Queen
- Credit: Archant
Supporters packed in to the Brook to support Viva member Ellie Gillett in her Christmas production, The Snow Queen.
The production is currently on a 22-date UK tour - visiting venues and locations from Yorkshire to Essex – and stopped off in Soham, on Sunday.
The production starred Soham resident and long-time member of Viva Theatre Group, Ellie Gillett, with her Salt Mine Theatre Company.
Hetti Wood, of Viva, said: “Lots of people turned out to support Ellie and the show, which was great to see. We are very proud of what she has achieved.”
Viva Arts and Community Group and rhe Brook both supported the event, with the proceeds – totalling more than £100, shared with Viva and Parish Nursing UK Ministries.
You may also want to watch:
Ellie added: “It’s such a privilege returning to my home town, playing a powerful character in a classic story of transformation.”
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on