A warm welcome for infant school’s new head teacher
- Credit: Archant
Spring Meadow Infant School in Ely has welcomed a new head teacher.
Wayne Cooper joins the school from Dog Kennel Hill Primary School, in Dulwich, London, having been a teacher for more than 20 years.
Mr Cooper said: “When you start off as a head teacher you have to hit the ground running and everybody, from pupils to parents, has been very welcoming.
“I am very much looking forward to getting to know Ely in the years ahead.”
Mr Cooper took over at the helm from Sheila Sands, who retired at the end of May after 20 years as head of Spring Meadow, in High Barns.
You may also want to watch:
To mark the occasion, pupils and staff set Mrs Sands off on her final mission at the school - she was tasked with finding 17 special documents hidden around the building and had to collect them in a special briefcase.
Each class helped Mrs Sands solve clues as to the whereabouts of the special documents – which were gifts made by each class - and then asked her questions about what she was planning to do in her retirement.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut