A Stella performance
ONE of the most original artists in world music will be at Ely Cathedral tomorrow evening (Friday) for a one-off performance in the unique confines of the Lady Chapel. Stella Chiweshe, known as the Queen of Mbira music , will be performing at the chapel
ONE of the most original artists in world music will be at Ely Cathedral tomorrow evening (Friday) for a one-off performance in the unique confines of the Lady Chapel.
Stella Chiweshe, known as the "Queen of Mbira music", will be performing at the chapel from 7.30pm, but will give a pre-concert talk at 7pm.
Caroline, Cawley, marketing officer at Arts Development in East Cambridgeshire, which is promoting the concert, said: "Stella is revered in her country as one of its best musicians - she is a powerful, charismatic performer with an exhilarating, intense vocal style."
She said the cathedral concert was part of an international tour that takes in Italy,
You may also want to watch:
Germany and the Netherlands.
"This is one of her few dates outside London and we are very privileged to have a musician of her reputation playing here in Ely; this concert really will be something special."
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
INFO: Tickets, priced £10-£12, are available from the ADeC box office on 01353 616991. Full details of the concert are at www.adec.org. Tickets will be also be available on the door.