A Royal celebration: Soham firm Witham Oil & Paint - which has supplied products to the Royal Family for over 25 years - has Royal Warrant renewed
- Credit: Archant
There aren’t many higher compliments than having your products used by the Royal Family.
But that’s exactly what is to happen at Soham-based oil and paint firm Witham Oil & Paint for the next five years after it had its Royal Warrant renewed last week.
Witham has been trading since 1921 and began supplying oil to the Sandringham Estate in 1984. The company was then selected to supply paint for the royal gates and a number of the estate’s fences and railings.
The company was originally granted the prestigious warrant by Her Majesty the Queen in 1991, meaning it has now held the honour for over 25 years.
There are only 800 firms holding Royal Warrants of Appointment across the world, including Bentley, Landover and Cartier.
You may also want to watch:
Nigel Bottom, Witham Group managing director, said: “We are delighted to be notified by Buckingham Palace that our Royal Warrant had been renewed again and continue to supply our oil and paint to HM the Queen.
“The assessment criteria is rigorous, each application must demonstrate not only the company’s credentials of excellence in their trade but also show that they conduct their business with a committed to environmental sustainability and social responsibility.
- 1 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 2 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on
“We’re extremely proud to have been recognised with such a prestigious honour.”
Senior members of the Royal Warrant Holders Association visited the Witham Group’s headquarters in Lincoln last Friday to present the Royal Warrant certificate.
“The Royal Warrant helps underline our company’s commitment to maintaining and building its reputation as producers of the finest quality lubricants and paints,” Nigel added.
“As members of the Royal Warrant Holders Association, we are united and committed to the highest standards of service and business excellence.”