A-LEVEL RESULTS DAY 2017: Bishop Laney Sixth Form celebrates positive first set of Post 16 results
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s new Bishop Laney Sixth Form is celebrating today after receiving its first set of Post 16 results.
The sixth form, a collaboration between Ely College and Soham Village College, achieved a 100 per cent pass rate for its vocational courses, with 66 per cent of results awarded at Distinction or Distinction* level and 89 per cent awarded at either Merit or Distinction level. The pass rate for the small number of A-Level entries was also 87 per cent.
Richard Spencer, principal of Ely College, said: “We are delighted with these results, which reflect a great deal of hard work from students and staff. We’d like to congratulate all of the students on their achievements.
“We are very pleased that so many of our students have secured excellent university, employment or further training opportunities and wish them all well for the future.”
A number of students achieved particularly high results including Sophie Wensley, who achieved triple Distinction* in applied science, Laura Nicolajsen, who achieved triple Distinction* in business and Emma Bailey, who achieved triple Distinction* in media.
You may also want to watch:
Other notable performances include Amy Cross who achieved Distinction* in Performing Arts, and Callum Munden, Philip Turner and Samuel Austin, who all achieved Distinction* in sport.
The sixth form opened its doors last September and currently offers predominantly vocational study programmes but will offer a wider range of A-Levels from 2018.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash