A goody bag for Gil after winning library quiz
- Credit: Archant
Keen reader Gil Edmenson-Lovesey was the winner of a competition run by the Friends of Ely Library.
The youngster won a goody bag and voucher after completing a quiz and treasure hunt organised by the group.
As part of the treasure hunt, pictures of the front covers of books were displayed in shop windows around Ely.
Children were asked to purchase a quiz sheet from the library for £1, with all proceeds going to the Friends of Ely Library.
The winning prize was a goody bag including a £20 gift voucher that was sponsored by the friends.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the friends said: “We would like to say thank you to the following shops for taking part in the Treasure Hunt : Allgood’s Deli, Brands, Burrows, Cathedral Gifts, City Cycle Centre, Cutlack’s, Eel Catcher’s Daughter, Ely Lighting, The Fish House, Gibbs Shoes, The Grape Tree, Julia’s Tea Rooms, Mr Simm’s Sweets, Paul Day, Roly’s Fudge, Sew much to do, Simply Flowers, The Stock Shop, Tindalls, Toppings Books, Well Heeled, Yarn on the Square, Wades and James Cox.”
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident