A certificate to relish
MOBILE burger vans in East Cambridgeshire can now prove to hungry punters that the garnish on their kebabs does not come with any nasty bugs. East Cambridgeshire District Council s food hygiene inspector Andrew Watkinson has the power to give mobile food
MOBILE burger vans in East Cambridgeshire can now prove to hungry punters that the garnish on their kebabs does not come with any nasty bugs.
East Cambridgeshire District Council's food hygiene inspector Andrew Watkinson has the power to give mobile food van operators an official licence to grill under a catering registration scheme for fast food vans.
Mobile caterers are being issued with a badge showing they have been inspected and given the thumbs-up for their high hygiene standards.
Although health inspections were already carried out on catering vans, the new "clean bill of health" badge can be displayed on the side of a van to confirm it has been officially inspected and is providing safe, bug-free food.
Mr Watkinson said: "This will a badge of pride for the caterer, showing he's doing things right and that good standards of cleanliness and hygiene are being practised. It also reassures the customers that the food they are buying has been well prepared."
The clean food badge scheme is based on a registration disc and vehicle log sheet and will be valid throughout all of Cambridgeshire. It also aims to avoid the problem of mobile vans having to have multiple inspections by different councils as they move around from pitch to pitch.
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 4 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 5 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 6 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 7 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 8 Inquest concludes 'quiet and happy' teenager took own life
- 9 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 10 Mara is Ely Standard Pet of the Year - voted for by you