A book club at Little Downham and a youth club at Stretham set for a grant boost
- Credit: Archant
A book cafe and a youth club look likely to benefit from £1,000 each thanks to a community fund scheme.
Little Downham Book Cafe, an independent library hub, says it will use the money for new flooring and a play area for children.
Stretham Youth Club says it will use the money for outings into the countryside and use “resources from the richest cupboard in the world to engage in new learning and development opportunities including branch weaving, making a mobile from natural materials and outdoor cooking.
“The programme will lead up to a short camping trip which will provide the chance for young people to look after themselves as part of a team in basic conditions in an unfamiliar place.”
The activity will also involve outdoor cooking, story telling around a fire pit and trust games.
You may also want to watch:
The grants are set to be approved in a meeting of the East Cambs District Council commercial services committee next Wednesday (November 25).
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody