Celebrating their best year since 2011, Ely Roller Skating Club celebrate a 67 medal tally in 2017
- Credit: Archant
Ely Roller Skating Club has completed their most successful year of medals since 2011.
They competed in 10 competitions and won 67 medals (team and duo medals are counted as one medal). They also won the Visitors Cup at Maidstone for the best performing club.
Out of a team of 35, 27 skaters won at least one medal this year.
The club competes in various levels of competition from galas to national and British championships hosted by The Federation of Artistic Roller Skating.
Ely RSC has been running since around 1986.Brian Paddington took over as head coach in 1999 with just six grade skaters, no competitive skaters and has built the club up to what it is today. To date he has coached five British champions.
You may also want to watch:
The club has a diverse spread of ages and abilities with some skaters having been there over 10 years. The youngest skater at the club is five years old and the oldest are in their twenties.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse