It’s up, it’s running and the youngsters of Haddenham simply love their new skate park
- Credit: Archant
It has only been open a short time but already the £50,000 spent on providing Haddenham youngsters with a new skate park is reckoned to be money well spent judging by its popularity.
It was built mainly through a grant from a WREN community funding pot and took the place of an original skate park built 15 years earlier that was removed in 2016 for health and safety reasons.
It wasn’t all plain sailing during its construction with the parish council noting at one point this summer that “unfortunately due to unauthorised access of the area parts of the construction have become chipped and scuffed.
“These cannot now be remedied so will be present on the completed skate park”.
And there was the not so little matter of contractors suddenly leaving work on the site for a while they headed off to Scotland to complete another project.
You may also want to watch:
But the wait was worth it.
As these photos show it is now one of the village’s most popular attractions for its young people who also played a part in the consultations that shaped the design prior to its construction.
- 1 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 8 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 9 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 10 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens