A trip down memory lane for the thousands who turned out for the 45th Haddenham steam and country fair
- Credit: Archant
It was billed as the 45th annual steam rally as Haddenham once again wafted its way back through the years to provide a reminder of times past.
The entertainment again provided variety with those staying for the weekend able to enjoy nightly music or to content themselves with taking their children or grandchildren for the famous and traditional gallopers.
Those attending on Sunday discovered too the delights of the heavy horse show with many saying attendance was up on some previous year – an indicator perhaps of a new found love of tradition and nostalgia?
There are many reasons, of course, for attending Haddenham’s steam and country fair – and the volunteer force that provide such entertainment annually once again dished up a countryside delight.
Over 600 exhibits from steam engines to vintage cars and from tractors to lorries were part of the attractions assembled – and a long hot summer had ensured the site was more easily accessible than in those years when a wet summer had made navigation of the showground more difficult.
Our thanks to Haddenham rally organisers for providing this gallery of photographs from the weekend.
If you have additional photos you would like to share with our readers, please email email@example.com
- 1 Woman summonsed in connection with crash that killed five-month-old Louis Thorold
- 2 Community group ‘hoping for success’ with opening of new cinema
- 3 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Academy shake-up as one principal goes and another arrives
- 6 No balloons plea to death crash motorcycle tribute convoy
- 7 Four doctors and a nurse off sick with Covid-19 at Fenland surgeries
- 8 Progress on introducing new 20mph speed limits to be discussed
- 9 Baby murder accused 'didn't say much' after life support withdrawn
- 10 War veteran, Freddie, marks 100th birthday