A trip down memory lane for the thousands who turned out for the 45th Haddenham steam and country fair
- Credit: Archant
It was billed as the 45th annual steam rally as Haddenham once again wafted its way back through the years to provide a reminder of times past.
The entertainment again provided variety with those staying for the weekend able to enjoy nightly music or to content themselves with taking their children or grandchildren for the famous and traditional gallopers.
Those attending on Sunday discovered too the delights of the heavy horse show with many saying attendance was up on some previous year – an indicator perhaps of a new found love of tradition and nostalgia?
There are many reasons, of course, for attending Haddenham’s steam and country fair – and the volunteer force that provide such entertainment annually once again dished up a countryside delight.
Over 600 exhibits from steam engines to vintage cars and from tractors to lorries were part of the attractions assembled – and a long hot summer had ensured the site was more easily accessible than in those years when a wet summer had made navigation of the showground more difficult.
You may also want to watch:
Our thanks to Haddenham rally organisers for providing this gallery of photographs from the weekend.
If you have additional photos you would like to share with our readers, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment