£30,000 Audi TT sports car stolen during Haddenham burglary
- Credit: Archant
A £30,000 sports car was stolen during a burglary in Haddenham over the weekend.
A white 2016-plate Audi TT, valued at around £30,000, was stolen from a house on Station Road between 1pm and 5pm on Saturday September 10.
Jewellery and electronics, including a laptop, were also taken during the burglary, which is the most recent in a spate of crimes in the village.
Sue Loaker, Crime Reduction Officer at Ely Police, said: “Home owners can make themselves more resilient to this type of criminal behaviour. Investment in window locks, and as the evenings draw in, security lighting, is always sensible.
“CCTV is now more affordable than it has ever been and is commonly available over the counter in most DIY stores.”
You may also want to watch:
The police are now appealing for anyone to come forward who may have seen any suspicious behaviour in the area.
A police spokesman said: “If you have seen anything conspicuous in that area between 1pm and 5pm, please call 101.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 3 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 7 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 10 New-look Crusaders show fighting spirit to earn comeback triumph
“Additionally, if you have been offered items of jewellery or electronics locally, please call us, or pass your information anonymously through Crimestoppers by calling 0800 555 111.”