Cambridgeshire County Council has slammed an organised walk on the Guided Busway at Histon as "dangerous and illegal".
The walk is understood to be taking place by the Orchard/Manor Park meadow tomorrow (Saturday September 27), but the council is advising people not to attend.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire County Council said: "People should not be encouraged to walk over the busway using unauthorised crossing points.
"This is dangerous and illegal, as it is trespassing on private property."
The council added that, as a result of the organised walk, diversions will be in place this weekend.
READ MORE: Princess Anne visits 'exotic farm' and plants her own tree to mark occasion
"As a result of this advertised walk, we have no alternative but to advise the bus operators to divert the buses off the busway at Gatehouse Road Histon and they will rejoin at Station Road/Cambridge Road junction, Histon," said the spokesperson.
"This will be in place all day tomorrow, Saturday September 27, and Sunday September 28.
"Temporary bus stops will be in place, for the northbound service it will be outside the Station House café on Station Road, Histon, immediately adjacent to the busway.
"For southbound services it will be the usual Histon busway stop."
Last month, the council announced a lower speed limit on the Guided Busway at Histon.
The spokesperson added: "In advance of the new fencing being installed along the whole of the Guided Busway, we will be closing off a few undesignated crossing points which are being used.
"This was explained to residents at a public meeting on Tuesday. We understand people’s frustrations about the fencing, but people must not trespass on the busway, and they must keep to the formal crossing points for their own safety.
"We are committed to engaging with the community on safe crossing points and will continue to hold public meetings to discuss this.
"This work is part of the county council’s ongoing commitment to ensure the safe operation of the Guided Busway.
Share