£24m eco mosque due for completion in Cambridge in November
- Credit: Archant
Ashtons Legal has advised on the development of Europe’s first eco mosque, based in Mill Road, Cambridge which is due to be completed by November 2018.
The Cambridge Mosque will be the highest value mosque in Europe, worth approx. £24million when finished .
Commercial property partner Charles Webb from Ashtons acted for the Muslim Academic Trust in the original purchase of the land and latterly for the Cambridge Mosque Trust who are the current owners.
Construction Associate Sarah Duncan assisted CMT Design and Build Limited in drafting the development agreement, building contract, warranties and appointments in order to bring the project to fruition and see the first phase of the development completed.
Sarah Duncan said: “We were delighted to work on such a prestigious and unique development which involved a wide cross section of professionals and disciplines. We are now looking forward to seeing the result of the project team’s hard work when the mosque opens in November”.
You may also want to watch:
Tim Winter, chairman of the Cambridge Mosque Trust added: “This has been a complex multinational project involving many contractors and stakeholders, and we have been delighted by the dedication and astuteness with which Ashtons have supported our various legal needs”.
Construction began in September 2016.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 3 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation