A convicted rapist who brutally attacked a woman in her own home just nine months after being released from prison has been jailed.

Darren Kibukamusoke, 37, previously of Catharine Street, Cambridge, was out on license when he subjected the victim to the terrifying ordeal on 7 June, 2018.

Kibukamusoke had recently been granted parole after serving eight years in prison for violently raping a woman in the city, when he visited the victim with a small group of friends at about 8am.

The victim had never met Kibukamusoke, who was previously known as Jordan Aston-Carter.

Sometime later the group left the victim’s home, but minutes after, Kibukamusoke reappeared in her kitchen asking where the others had gone.

The pair sat in the living room where Kibukamusoke took his T-shirt off and walked over to a sofa where the victim was sitting.

He told her he wanted to give her some drugs, but when she no, he erupted - shouting verbal abuse and throwing her phone across the room.

Ely Standard: Convicted rapist Darren Kibukamusoke has been jailed.Convicted rapist Darren Kibukamusoke has been jailed. (Image: Cambridgeshire Constabulary)

Kibukamusoke shoved a pillow over the victim’s face and then punched her several times, knocking out one of her teeth. 

He ordered her to keep her mouth shut, put his hands around her neck, threatened to kill her and subjected her to a serious sexual assault as she tried to fight back.

Following her ordeal, the distressed victim called her mother, while Kibukamusoke stole £5 and left.

In a bid to speak to the victim, Kibukamusoke turned up at her home the following day, but he fled when she activated her panic alarm and told him police were involved.

Nine days later, Kibukamusoke was returned to jail for breaching his licence and gave “no comment” responses when officers interviewed him.

At Cambridge Crown Court, on July 10, Kibukamusoke was found guilty of the intention of committing a relevant sexual offence, actual bodily harm, sexual assault on a female and intimidating a witness.

On November 1, at the same court, he was sentenced to seven years and six months in prison, given a restraining order to protect the victim and was told he will remain on the Sex Offenders Register indefinitely.

Detective Sergeant John Bimson, who investigated, said: “This was an horrific case where a violent man invaded the victim’s home to carry out the most brutal sexual attack.

“Kibukamusoke is a danger to women and society.

“I would like to pay tribute to the victim for her bravery, and I hope this sentence will help give her some closure after such an horrific ordeal.”