20mph school-time limit
PROJECTS designed to make East Cambridgeshire roads safer have been supported by councillors. A new advisory 20mph school time speed limit will be introduced on the B1381 in Sutton and in Burwell there will be new area parking management put into place on
PROJECTS designed to make East Cambridgeshire roads safer have been supported by councillors.
A new advisory 20mph school time speed limit will be introduced on the B1381 in Sutton and in Burwell there will be new area parking management put into place on the Causeway and North Street to improve safety in the centre of the village.
There will also be traffic management measures introduced on Sharmans Road in Fordham.
Plans for a new lighting and road marking scheme on the A10 at it junction with West Fen Road in Ely is to be considered for funding.
The decisions were made by members of the East Cambridgeshire traffic management area joint committee at its meeting on Tuesday.
Committee chairman, Cllr Brian Hayes, said: "It is vitally important that we do all we can to make our roads safer for all road users. Unfortunately we cannot tackle all of the areas where people have told us there are problems, but we do aim to tackle the sites where people are getting hurt.
- 1 Inside the £165,000 luxury river boat for sale in the Fens
- 2 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 3 Weekend closure for A142 for bridge works between Ely and Chatteris
- 4 Coach shocked as girls football idea goes from strength to strength
- 5 Princess Anne unveils new 'national treasure' Jubilee table in Ely
- 6 Village toasts Queen's Platinum Jubilee with a memorable touch
- 7 See inside this Grade II listed former pub with self-contained annexe
- 8 Villagers can be proud says school head as Ofsted gives thumbs up
- 9 MBR Acres releases image of graffiti message
- 10 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Cambridgeshire
"We are reducing speed limits outside of schools, introduce traffic calming measures and removing pedestrian hazards.