20mph school-time limit
PROJECTS designed to make East Cambridgeshire roads safer have been supported by councillors. A new advisory 20mph school time speed limit will be introduced on the B1381 in Sutton and in Burwell there will be new area parking management put into place on
PROJECTS designed to make East Cambridgeshire roads safer have been supported by councillors.
A new advisory 20mph school time speed limit will be introduced on the B1381 in Sutton and in Burwell there will be new area parking management put into place on the Causeway and North Street to improve safety in the centre of the village.
There will also be traffic management measures introduced on Sharmans Road in Fordham.
Plans for a new lighting and road marking scheme on the A10 at it junction with West Fen Road in Ely is to be considered for funding.
You may also want to watch:
The decisions were made by members of the East Cambridgeshire traffic management area joint committee at its meeting on Tuesday.
Committee chairman, Cllr Brian Hayes, said: "It is vitally important that we do all we can to make our roads safer for all road users. Unfortunately we cannot tackle all of the areas where people have told us there are problems, but we do aim to tackle the sites where people are getting hurt.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
"We are reducing speed limits outside of schools, introduce traffic calming measures and removing pedestrian hazards.