2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards open for entries
- Credit: Archant
Our search for the best in enterprise starts again as we launch the 2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
It is the sixth year of the awards and we are looking to build further on their massive success.
This year we have 11 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries.
They will identify East Cambridgeshire’s best small and medium businesses, the most innovative website and the entrepreneurs of the future.
A category also returning is the Business in the Community Award, which will recognise businesses that contribute to the communities in which they are based without the expectation of direct commercial benefit.
You may also want to watch:
All of the categories are highlighted in the panel on this page.
A ‘winner of winners’ will be chosen from the 10 category winners for the grand title of Business of the Year.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 7 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 10 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
The award was won in 2009 by Blue Donkey of Ely, in 2010 by G’s Marketing of Barway, in 2011 and 2012 by Quotient Bioresearch of Fordham and last year by PA Answer of Ely.
The awards are run in association with N&C Glass, which also sponsors the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Category sponsors for 2013 include East Cambridgeshire District Council, Whiting & Partners, Cheffins, LGC (formerly Quotient), JDR Cables and Advanced Aircraft Training.
Businesses and individuals shortlisted in the categories will be invited to the awards dinner, which will take place on Friday, October 3.