2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards open for entries
- Credit: Archant
Our search for the best in enterprise starts again as we launch the 2014 Ely Standard East Cambridgeshire Business Awards.
It is the sixth year of the awards and we are looking to build further on their massive success.
This year we have 11 awards up for grabs, 10 of which are open for entries.
They will identify East Cambridgeshire’s best small and medium businesses, the most innovative website and the entrepreneurs of the future.
A category also returning is the Business in the Community Award, which will recognise businesses that contribute to the communities in which they are based without the expectation of direct commercial benefit.
You may also want to watch:
All of the categories are highlighted in the panel on this page.
A ‘winner of winners’ will be chosen from the 10 category winners for the grand title of Business of the Year.
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Man, 27, punched schoolchildren and women in unprovoked attack
- 3 Everything you need to know about Mad Hatters eco festival
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 6 Second World War and SAS hero remembered with new street signs
- 7 Footballer hopes Wembley 'dream' can bolster Cambridge career
- 8 Nostalgic throwback to places and faces of Ely's past
- 9 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 10 Elections 2021: Polling Day across Cambridgeshire
The award was won in 2009 by Blue Donkey of Ely, in 2010 by G’s Marketing of Barway, in 2011 and 2012 by Quotient Bioresearch of Fordham and last year by PA Answer of Ely.
The awards are run in association with N&C Glass, which also sponsors the Young Entrepreneur of the Year award.
Category sponsors for 2013 include East Cambridgeshire District Council, Whiting & Partners, Cheffins, LGC (formerly Quotient), JDR Cables and Advanced Aircraft Training.
Businesses and individuals shortlisted in the categories will be invited to the awards dinner, which will take place on Friday, October 3.