1st Little Thetford Brigade raises £340 for Christian Aid Week with French-themed fundraiser
- Credit: Archant
The French connection came to St. George’s Church, Little Thetford last Thursday when members of the 1st. Little Thetford Brigade raised more than £340 for Christian Aid Week.
Under the guidance of their leader Jane Dunseath, the group hosted an afternoon and evening event which celebrated all things French.
“After viewing the beautiful Citroen car parked outside, guests were able to enjoy snail racing and a boules competition,” said Anthony Shaw.
“They then ate a French style meal and enjoyed French music whilst viewing the wonderfully themed flower displays together with dozens of paintings produced by pupils of the village school in the style of famous French artists.
“The evening rounded off with more music and singing as our Anglo French members Lucille and Zoe Beurt displayed their traditional Normandy costumes.”
You may also want to watch:
The money raised will be used by Christian Aid for their relief work in war-torn areas around the world.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment